Sunday, May 24, 2009

I heart Woodland Gardens



Ok, so this is well over do, but I have just come down from atop the mountain of excitement about my new favorite event, The Art & Bloom Festival! It was magical!

The Kitty Coleman gardens are truly exquisite, and are well worth a visit any time of the year, but Art & Bloom was off the charts! This place is traced with roving paths to secret ponds, 3000 rhodos and is pretty much a direct translation of my own imaginary, secret garden paradise. Combine that with a plethora of kind, talented and lovely people (and a little sunshine), and you've got a recipe for delight and intrigue. I LOVE it there!

The weekend left me with a long wish list, and inspiration that will, no doubt, take me well in to the doldrums of winter.

If I have ever wanted anything more, I don't remember it now- after seeing the awe inspiring work of Cory Lunn & Darrel Nygaard of Sea-Change Open Studio. Their work in stone, clay and wood is out of this world, and needs to be experienced in person to be fully appreciated. If you get a chance to stop by their studio in Union Bay, look for a hanging piece with a fish skeleton etched in stone-it's head skillfully carved from an antler, powerfully and whimsicly suspended from a marvelous piece of drift wood... it moved me beyond words.

Although we made it through the entire weekend without as much as a drop of rain, I didn't manage a single picture with the sparkling sun really shining, but it did shine, I promise.

Me and my lovely Mom- she is a great roady

No comments:

Post a Comment