Saturday, March 7, 2009

Eco-friendly House


All-purpose cleaner:
2 Tbsp baking soda
1 pint warm water in a spray bottle.
Add a squeeze of lemon juice or a splash of vinegar to cut grease. (I also like a few drops of tea tree oil)

This eco-friendly alternative to commercial cleaners has many benefits:
*It reduces the indoor pollution in your home and is less polluting to manufacture.
*It reduces waste from packaging
*It does not harm the environment during or after use

In addition to all of these earth friendly factors, it also saves space in the cupboard by reducing the number of products you need for various tasks. I also enjoy the sense of pride it leaves me with, knowing that I am maintaining my home while also maintaining the precious health of our air, water and soil.



1 comment:

  1. Vinegar has similar disinfecting properties as bleach without being harmful.
    I used about a cup of vinegar in my spray bottle topped off with water and then add essential oils. Tea Tree Oil is awesome and then lemon or lavendar or orange oils are great degreasers.

    ReplyDelete