Monday, March 2, 2009

Vinegar






















I want the best for the environment and I also want a clean kitchen, bathroom and studio. My grandma has always used it, but I have always wondered just how well vinegar works to really clean...

As it turns out, it
really works! A simple 5% solution of white vinegar (mixed with water) kills 99 percent of bacteria, 82 percent of mold, and 80 percent of germs! This is great news for the pocket book, the planet and my counter tops!

I am also pleased to learn that it can be used effectively to kill the weeds that have made their home between my patio tiles, with out harming the environment. (I wont even begin to describe the hours I spent dedicated to pulling, picking and scrapping them out last summer. It was nearly a full time job.) You can use it diluted with water, or straight on the weeds, or as a soil soak to deter them from taking root.

Spring cleaning here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment